Armenia scored a 3-0 victory in a home friendly match against Kazakhstan Tuesday night as part of continuing preparations for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers starting in September.
Striker Gevorg Ghazaryan scored twice before Yura Movsisyans third goal at the end of the first half. The second half of the game ended goalless despite Armenias having ample goal scoring opportunities.
A minutes silence was observed at the Republican Stadium in Yerevan before the begin of the match for the three Armenian soldiers killed in an Azeri cross-border incursion on Monday as well as the 15 Kazakh border guards killed on an outpost near the border with China last week. Armenian Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan and his visiting Kazakh counterpart Adilbek Jaksybekov attended the game.
The Armenian national soccer team is expected to play its next friendly match against Belarus at Yerevans Hrazdan stadium on August 15.
- Upside: Their best player
- Giorgio Chinaglia has died He won the Scudetto with Lazio in '74
- Professional Lawyer in Singapore- Chia Boon Teck
- Huge soccer match-fixing trial begins in Turkey
- Dad is worth less than he used to be
- Williams added to US roster for Olympic qualifying
- One World Sports Secures Exclusive Rights to Australian A-League Soccer
- Edmonton, Hid Jewel Of a nba jerseys wholesale Pacific Northwest
- Chicago Fire Begin US Open Cup Play to Round Out Busy Month of May
- Former Cosmos, Lazio star Giorgio Chinaglia dies
Submited by jessica - Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback