Armenia scored a 3-0 victory in a home friendly match against Kazakhstan Tuesday night as part of continuing preparations for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers starting in September.
Striker Gevorg Ghazaryan scored twice before Yura Movsisyans third goal at the end of the first half. The second half of the game ended goalless despite Armenias having ample goal scoring opportunities.
A minutes silence was observed at the Republican Stadium in Yerevan before the begin of the match for the three Armenian soldiers killed in an Azeri cross-border incursion on Monday as well as the 15 Kazakh border guards killed on an outpost near the border with China last week. Armenian Defense Minister Seyran Ohanyan and his visiting Kazakh counterpart Adilbek Jaksybekov attended the game.
The Armenian national soccer team is expected to play its next friendly match against Belarus at Yerevans Hrazdan stadium on August 15.
- Solution to tug-of-war?
- Maryland men's soccer team hopes to get back on top after relative drought
- The Beginners Guide To Services (Getting Started 101)
- Berkeley Prep falls in boys soccer state title game
- Why not learn more about Computers?
- Peter Walton to retire from Premier League to head referees group in US and Canada
- Lady Gaga tells Oprah she wants lots of kids
- BGSU M.Soccer: #7/10 Akron strikes twice in first half to down Falcons
- HA boys, Providence girls take wins in soccer action
- Kind words help save FIFA relationship with Brazil
Submited by jessica - Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback