SINGAPORE: Asian soccer’s acting president has urged the sport’s rule-makers to change the laws to permit women to wear a headscarf in official matches.
“Many women footballers in Asia wear headscarves,”Zhang stated on the AFC’s website on Monday.
“I would like to request the IFAB to favorably considerFIFA’s proposal and review the rule and grant women players to play wearing asafe headscarf that covers the neck.
“I think it is in the interests of women’s footballworldwide. I have personally seen the new designs with a Velcro joined at theneck, which releases if the headscarf is pulled, ensuring the player’ssafety,” he added.
World governing body FIFA’s Law 4 regarding kit says thata player must not use equipment or wear anything that is hazardous to himselfor another player, including any kind of jewellery.
It lists the “basic equipment” as a jersey,shorts, socks, shin-guards and footwear.
Iran’s women’s soccer team were banned from an Olympicqualifier last June because of their full-body strip, which includes aheadscarf and conforms to the Islamic dress code.
Opponents Jordan were awarded a 3-0 win and Iranianofficials stated the decision could cost them a place in the 2012 Games.
FIFA’s rules for the 2012 Olympics state: “Players andofficials shall not display political, religious, commercial or personalmessages or slogans in any language or form on their playing or teamkits.” IFAB, formed in 1886, is soccer’s ultimate law-making bodycomprising four members from FIFA and four from the British associations. Itwill meet in Bagshot, England, on March 3.
- Without a doubt a website about Sicilian surnames indicates that "Giuffre" could be the most frequent previous title inside town of Father christmas Harbour
- Muscular collection plus development of a given stage Insanity P90x
- How You Can Establish When To Take Out A Pay Day Loan
- Eagles fly over competition
- Predictions for the Champions League
- Soccer: Killen won't rule out Phoenix move
- Cuban soccer player missing from team in US
- Soccer Star Ruud Gullit's 33-Year-Old Wife Dumps Him...For A 21 ...
- Egypt protesters demand justice over stadium deaths
- Live chat: FOX Soccer GM David Nathanson
Submited by ethan - Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback