SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina — Bosnia-Herzegovina will be missing three first-choice defenders against Portugal in the first leg of the playoff on Friday for the 2012 European Championship.
Boris Pandza and Sasa Papac are suspended for the match in Zenica while Mensur Mujdza’s broken foot will also keep him out of the second leg in Lisbon next Tuesday.
“We have problems,” Bosnia coach Safet Susic stated Wednesday after training. “I still have not decided how to solve them but I have some time left — I have two more days.”
Nevertheless, Susic stated he will not settle for a draw, arguing: “How can we aim for a victory in Lisbon if we can’t win at home?”
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko will lead the attack for Bosnia, which is aiming to qualify for its first major international event in eight attempts since the initial bid to reach the 1998 World Cup.
“To be honest, I am glad that we play the first game at home,” Dzeko said. “I think the most important thing is that we achieve a good result in Zenica.”
Portugal knocked out Bosnia in the playoff qualifier for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, winning 1-0 in Lisbon and Zenica.
- Blissfield boys soccer team wins first-ever district championship
- Storm reigns in Kelowna
- baggage for me they suggest just thrown away place on the website front page. Light publicity is the most successful way to age it more quickly.Louis Vuitton may not be known for their small array of unique handbags, but they ought to not be dismissed.
- Bittersweet sensations in Spain about Europa League
- Kevin Duggan: Soccer tournament shoots to help Fort Collins family
- Soccer Digest: Healthy Stephen Hunt backs Mick McCarthy as Wolves manager
- Real Madrid Vs. Osasuna, 2011 Spanish La Liga Week 11: Are Los Blancos The ...
- Dirty soccer ref sentenced to five-and-a-half years for match fixing
- Qatar official questions need for alcohol in 2022 World Cup stadiums ...
- Armenia beats Kazakhstan 3-0
Submited by Gillan - Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback