MOSCOW – Fabio Capello is on the verge of becoming Russia’s new coach but it seems the Italian who won titles with AC Milan and Real Madrid is a second-choice signing for Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko.
“I think Capello has all the necessary requirements to coach the Russian national team, (but) personally I would prefer (Jose) Mourinho,” Mutko told Russian say tv Rossia 2 on Wednesday.
The charismatic Mourinho is one of the most sought after coaches in world soccer but with the Portuguese committed to staying with Real Madrid, former Russian FA (RFU) chief Mutko hopes Capello will sign a contract within the next two days.
“Today or tomorrow we should iron out all the details so a contract could be signed before the begin of the Russian Premier League (on Friday),” stated Mutko.
Capello, who quit as England manager in February, is set to succeed Dutchman Dick Advocaat, whose contract expired after Russia failed to get past the group phase at Euro 2012.
Russian media reported that the 66-year-old Italian, who has had success coaching top clubs such as Real Madrid, AC Milan, AS Roma and Juventus, would earn up to 10 million euros ($12.26 million) a year after signing a contract through to the 2014 World Cup, with the possibility of extending it for another two years.
(Reporting By Gennady Fyodorov, editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE ROUNDUP: St. Vincent's blanks Toombs County
- Drogba gives Chelsea important win over Stoke: EPL
- Refreshes With regards to Valuable Causes Available for Insanity Workout
- Football Betting: Balotelli pledges his future to City
- PES 2013den ilk video! PES 2013 Videosu PES 2013 Resimleri Günün Haberi ...
- Ex-World Cup referee jailed for bribery
- Another week, another tournament
- KCTV 5Blue Springs soccer coach accused of molesting 2 girls
- Miyaichi earns Japan recall for friendlies in Europe
- Henry and Hughes make losing returns
Submited by sofia - Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback