Hope Solo must be wondering what’s going on. Well into her second week on Dancing With The Stars, the U.S. Women’s National Team Soccer Star Goalkeeer saw her and dancing partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy get a total score of 21, but then be bashed for being a woman with muscles. (Which this blogger thinks is sexy.)
Then, after Monday’s performance, which included a Hope doing a really sexy, if edgy, booty shake, the pair got a 19, causing a massive Twitter reaction from fans and observers, who thought TeamMaksolo should have earned another 21 for a difficult shimmy they pulled off well.
It seems like the judges have some weird bias against Hope Solo, and indeed perhaps the PR people connected with Dancing With The Stars. As this blogger stated before, the problems started when Hope was not included in the cast pics People Magazine issued to help ABC promote the show. But even with such snubs, Solo gets the most consistently highest intensity of searches, according to this blogger’s Google Trends reviews.
First, because Hope’s a hottie. Second, because she’s an athletic hottie. Third, because she played a lead role in the advance of the U.S. Women National Soccer Team to the Women’s World Cup’s epic final game this year. And finally, because Hope’s still on Dancing With The Stars, even as Ron Artest and now Elisabetta Canalis were voted off the show.
This corner is rooting for Hope because she’s the underdog in all of this. The Dancing With The Stars PR folks have tried to make us pay so much attention to Chaz Bono it’s taken away from Hope’s story. And then there’s the issue some weaklings have with a strong woman – and Hope’s certainly a strong woman. On top of that Hope has to master ballroom dancing on a show that, frankly, I didn’t think had a chance to succeed when it was first announced. Wrong, I was, years later.
But I digress. The Dancing With The Stars judges should stop working against Hope and give her a better evaluation.
- GIRLS SOCCER: Updates from Far West Regional Championships
- SSA earns trip to finals
- Manchester City Vs. Arsenal: A Fan's Look at Sergio Aguero's Return
- LFA Unveils New Lone Star's Coach
- How to choose the best type of Niseko accommodation for you
- U.S. stocks manage 6th day of gains, stimulus eyed
- Soccer: Messi wins top FIFA award
- Appetite for soccer has empty feeling
- Watches, Football and Breaking into the Brazilian Market
- Without a doubt a website about Sicilian surnames indicates that "Giuffre" could be the most frequent previous title inside town of Father christmas Harbour
Submited by samantha - Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback