Asian sports content provider ESPN Star Sports has secured the exclusive live rights to broadcast action from Spain’s La Liga in Singapore until the end of the 2014/15 season.
Beginning with the coming 2012/13 season, the broadcaster will provide coverage of up to 250 live games per season from the top tier of Spanish soccer across its many television, mobile and on-line platforms. Certain games will also be broadcast in 3D.
In adding Singapore to its broadcast footprint, ESPN Star Sports now airs La Liga action in 19 markets across Asia, while the new deal also bolsters its current sports offering, which also includes motorsport in the form of Formula One and MotoGP, tennis from Wimbledon and the Australian Open, golf from the US Open, The Masters and The Open, and other major tournaments and events such as the London 2012 Olympic Games.
ESPN Star Sports managing director Manu Sawhney said: “The acquisition of Spanish La Liga underlines our commitment to football fans in Singapore as we continue providing the most compelling content to our viewers. La Liga provides the most pleasing and exciting football action and with the planned broadcast schedules for the new season, fans in Singapore will be able to watch the action in prime time.”
“We have established a strong tradition in building top-class football properties on our networks with the reach of our networks, multiple media platforms, our continued focus towards original, localized football programming and innovative marketing campaigns and we are committed to work towards further strengthening the profile of the league in the market.”
Gerard Romy, managing director of Mediapro, added: “We are delighted be working with an organisation that is world-renowned for quality sports broadcasting. We are pleased with their commitment to showcase La Liga across new media platforms in order to extend the profile of this great football league. We have every confidence that they will provide coverage for La Liga in an exciting and innovative manner.”
- Local athletes work out with "Sarge" on Thanksgiving — at 4 am
- NFL Fumbles with Foreign Expansion but Seeks to Recover
- Soccer meets politics at Doha's Mohammed Abdul Wahhab Mosque
- David Beckham's legacy to American soccer: He came, he sold, he conquered
- Canada impressive in friendly draw with US
- Reuters Sports Schedule at 0600 GMT on Sunday, March 18
- Chelsea beats Birmingham 2-0 to advance in FA Cup
- Fantasy: The 10 most popular players in FS: Manager
- Portsmouth to face new 10-point penalty
- Terry to stand trial after Euros on racism charge
Submited by sofia - Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback