February 10, 2012 Friday’s soccer roundup
There was plenty of soccer action around Johnson County on Friday night as District 15-4A and 16-4A competition continued.
The Joshua Lady Owls beat Alvarado, 3-1.
Lori Gaskill scored the first goal for Joshua off of a free kick. She assisted the second goal which was scored by Julia Tucker.
Amber Campbell put in the Lady Owls’ third goal off a corner kick by Hayley Rohleder.
Joshua moved to 6-3-3 overall and 1-0 in District 15-4A play.
The Lady Owls take on Granbury at home on Tuesday to continue district play.
Burleson Centennial tied Mansfield Summit, 1-1, to move to 4-2-7 and 2-0-1 in 15-4A play.
Summit led at halftime after scoring at the 1:06 mark.
Centennial’s Chris Johnson scored with 13:09 remaining off an assist from Caleb Allen to knot the game up.
The Alvarado Indians beat the Joshua Owls, 2-0, on Friday night.
Mark Adams and Andrew Torres each put in scores for Alvarado in the win.
Both Cleburne teams had the night off on Friday, but are back in action on Tuesday against Venus.
The Yellow Jackets travel to Venus at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday while the Lady Jackets take on the Lady Bulldogs at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Yellow Jacket Stadium.
Copyright 2012 Cleburne Times-Review, Cleburne, TX. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Traveling: 10 Mistakes that Most People Make
- The structure of competitive soccer in Uruguay
- 100 Rio buildings risk collapse, official says
- African Cup soccer shadowed by violence in Egypt
- Soccer-PSG's captain Thiago Silva likely to miss for weeks
- MEN'S SOCCER | Trip to California is not sunny for the Bulldogs
- Bischoff boosts Fairport into Class AA final
- Dempsey scores, US beats Italy 1-0
- China's former deputy soccer chief jailed for 10 years in corruption crackdown
- Women's Professional Soccer folds after 3 years
Submited by Gillan - Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback