American forward Clint Dempsey has hinted at leaving Fulham this summer, saying he wants to participate in larger competitions, including the Champions League.
Although the 29 year old forward, who helped the Cottagers finish in ninth in the Premier League this season, stated he had some great moments at Craven Cottage, he wanted to move to get exposure at the highest level.
“I am grateful for everything Fulham have done for me, some of the ideal memories I have in soccer have been there, but the fact remains that I want to play in Champions League. I want to play at the highest level possible,” stated Dempsey, according to a Guardian report.
Dempsey’s desire to move from Fulham will come as good news for Arsenal who are reportedly targeting the talented American. Dempsey has scored a total of 23 goals (in all competitions) for Fulham this seasom.
Meanwhile, huge spending French outfits Paris Saint-Germain are also reportedly interested in the American forward but Dempsey stated he did not care about baseless rumours unless someone really came forward and made an offer.
United States head coach Jurgen Klinsmann hopes Dempsey gets a chance to play in the Champions League with some huge club next season. The former German striker, who is busy with his team’s preparations for the friendly clash against Scotland on Saturday, feels the American forward deserves to play in the highest level.
Meanwhile, Fulham boss Martin Jol feels his side can be even better next season provided they keep their ideal players, including Dempsey.
“If all the players are still there, I believe we can do even better,” stated Jol, according to an Espnstar report.
- La Liga Continues to Prove Superiority Over Other Soccer World's Other Leagues
- Alex Labidou: Thierry Henry admits MLS is a tough sell to America's ...
- A Quick History of Accidents
- Muamba breathing on own, recognizes family
- US defender Krieger sustains major knee injury
- Commencement Ceremonies Return to Royal Oak
- Italian soccer in dire state as television weighs options
- Reuters Sports Schedule at 0600 GMT on Thursday, April 26
- Hundreds compete at annual Special Olympics New Hampshire State Summer Games
- Soccer: Anichebe hands Everton victory over West Brom
Submited by robert - Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback