GARY Speed’s funeral will take place this week, England’s League Managers’ Association (LMA) stated yesterday.
The LMA stated the funeral of the Wales coach would be for family and close friends and by invitation only. It did not give any more detail.
Speed was found hanged at home on November 27. An inquest last week was adjourned until January 30 with no reason yet given for the death of the 42-year-old former Leeds United, Newcastle United and Everton midfielder.
The LMA stated Speed’s widow and family “wish to express their deep appreciation for the very generous and clearly heartfelt tributes paid to Gary”.
Clubs across Britain have honoured Speed with either a pre-match minute’s silence or applause.
The LMA added that a public memorial service will be scheduled.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Asia leads world in child-labor products: report
- Manchester United Destroy Wolves 5-0, Extend Lead at Top of Table [PHOTOS]
- Marlins Park to host soccer tourney that will match top club teams
- Sports Shorts
- Soccer-Media, sponsors boost Man Utd profit
- Blatter backs women's football in Canada
- South-East qualifiers kick-off in Enugu
- FIFA wants Teixeira replaced 'immediately' as Brazilian official resigns seat ...
- Tribun Soccer : OPM Kecewa Persipura Dicoret di Liga Champion Asia
Submited by ethan - Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback