Third call in Group A. Greece will have their last chance to advance to the quarterfinals when this Saturday, June 16th and together with the Czech Republic, Poland, Russia is measured in the last sector involvement in Euro 2012.
The Greek crisis seems to extend to the soccer fields. While the sport is an escape from the reality of each country, the Hellenic selection acting on Polish soil seems to only fuel the frustration faced by their countrymen.
Greece returns to the National Stadium in Warsaw, where he appeared in the tournament against host co Poland with a tie to a goal. Now it does against the Russians, who endorsed 4-1 after the Czechs tied to both Poles. Russia has four points in Group A, Czech Republic has three, Poland and Greece two one.
For this game may come back Sokratis Papastathopoulos at the plant, after serving his penalty for a second yellow in the first game.
However, the goalkeeper Kostas Chalkias and central Kyriakos Papadopoulos would lose the match, after being physically resented in the previous game.
For its part, Russia, with a tiny more likely to advance to the finals, will have among its ranks Alan Dzagoev, one of the leading scorers with three goals and key partners will Aleksandr Kerzhakov and Andrey Arshavin, it has been shown as one of the ideal assistants.
“Andrey Arshavin was tired after the game (against Poland)? I was tired and still am. Was one of the most hazardous players. He made some defensive mistakes, but it was very hazardous with the ball. I in his place but each Once the ball had passed something, so I did, “said Dirk Advocaat, Dutch coach of Team Russia, on one of his ideal men.
Russia had no players booked in the first game, but against the Poles saw the yellow Igor Denisov, owner of the midfield, and striker Alan Dzagoev, in whom the spotlight will be on him, first for his goals, then it could be shown lost in the quarterfinals if they manage the ticket.
Everything is ready to get to know the first Euro 2012 quarter-on Saturday afternoon.
- Russia has met twice to Greece in European Championships and claimed victory in both:
* 1-0 in Austria-Switzerland 2008
- A total of 21 times and have faced the Greeks were imposed in only three: 1-0 in qualifying for the 1978 World Cup, 1-0 in qualifying for Euro 1980 and 1-0 in qualifying for the 1994 World Cup. Russia has 13 wins and completed tied at five.
- Greece has lost five consecutive European Championship, the longest skid of the story is six, held by Yugoslavia.
- Russia has a streak of 10 consecutive competitive matches without defeat, since losing to Slovakia on September 7, 2010, in qualifying for Euro 2012.
- Giorgios Karagounis will play its full international number 120, tying Zagorakis Theodor (1994-2007) and Greek with more games played for his country.
Currently at William Hill Sportsbook Greece is at 4/1, Draw 5/2 and Russia is 8/11 for this matchup.
- South Korea drop striker Park for World Cup qualifiers
- Men's Soccer Falls 1-0 to the Chicago Fire in Spring Action
- Girls soccer: Exeter's Estey named an All-American
- Soccer-Goals and fans thin on the ground in Nations Cup
- CLS soccer teams net national honor
- Becker delivers winning goal in OT
- Hanna Heat starts early for competitive edge
- US defender Krieger sustains major knee injury
- Soccer-Bartra making a strong case for centre back slot
- Men's soccer tries to break 4 game losing streak
Submited by sofia - Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback