After the conclusion of the 14 day CECAFA Kagame Cup in Dar es Salaam Tanzania, CECAFA Secretary General Nicholas Musonye hopes teams will use the experience they have picked in the games to improve themselves and generally lift the level of soccer in the CECAFA region.
“Teams have shown very high standards of competition. From these competitions, I can state that the future looks bright in our region,” Musonye stated recently.
The Secretary General has also lauded the easy but yet successfully organized tournaments despite lack of enough sponsors ,
“I am 100% satisfied with how we have conducted the championships with no proper sponsorship. Most of our partners had other commitments as you know there are so many other sporting activities this year. However, in next year’s tournament we are going to have a sponsor and a huge one,” Musonye disclosed.
He has lauded the people of Tanzania for making the tournament success by making it to the stadium every day. He has also lauded the level of officiating in the entire tournament saying everything has improved.
The secretary General was however non committal on the CECAFA Senior challenge set for November this year. The tournament is supposed to be held in Kenya but so far, word has it that the venue might just change.
- Ferdinand wins place as TV judge
- Holmes makes big leap from Conant to Cowboys
- BSkyB and BT shares end lower
- Pele will join Blatter for Brazil meeting
- Soccer-inspired art coming to Kyiv in time for summer
- Local Football Players Are Below Average - Mayuku
- Barack Obama Disses David Beckham, To His Face!
- SEA Games, nationalism and regionalism
- Soccer: FC Florida to compete in Florida State Cup Challenge
- Euro area agrees bond support for Italy, Spain
Submited by Gillan - Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback