LONDON, Aug 19 – Everton signed Belgium forward
Kevin Mirallas from Greece’s Olympiakos on Sunday as a partial
replacement for attacking midfielder Jack Rodwell, who left for
The Liverpool-based side have concurred a four-year deal with
the 24-year-old Mirallas, who moves for an undisclosed fee
although media reports put the amount around 6 million pounds
“I am very happy because Everton is a huge club,” he stated in
a statement from the Premier League side, seventh last term.
“I’ve known Everton have been following me for a while and
after speaking with the manager I decided coming to Everton was
Mirallas, who featured for Belgium in last week’s 4-2
friendly win over the Netherlands, scored 20 goals in 25
appearances for Olympiakos last season.
He can operate behind the main striker or on the wing but
will not be eligible for Monday’s season opener at home to
Manchester United because he missed Friday’s signing deadline.
(Writing by Mark Meadows, editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Egypt soccer fans, troops clash; 1 killed
- Serena Williams wins in return to competition
- French Soccer Gains American Fans, Global Attention with Thrilling Super Cup
- Phuket News - Malaysia angry over match-fixing charge
- All-Star: For Hackworth, a path that never wavered
- Rio Ferdinand on track to take Manchester United career into overtime
- Komphela 'suited' as assistant
- Frank Lampard on MLS future: It's up to Chelsea
- In case you missed it, including NHL's moving day
- Nicolas Anelka Chose China's Shanghai Shenhua Because of Obsession With Asian ...
Submited by robert - Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback