Korean tyre manufacturer Hankook has become an official sponsor of the Uefa Europa League for the period 2012 to 2015.
The deal, financial terms of which were not released, includes sponsorship of the 2013, 2014 and 2015 Uefa Futsal Cup finals.
The news follows the recent announcement confirming Western Union as the new presenting sponsor of Europe’s secondary international club soccer competition. German brand Adidas is the official equipment supplier to the annual competition.
“We are delighted to welcome Hankook, another top global brand, to the Uefa Europa League family,” stated Uefa Events SA chief executive David Taylor. “We look forward to joining forces with them to build competition awareness and engage with fans.”
Hankook is no stranger to sports sponsorships. The company is the official tyre of the National Rugby League (NRL) and in May became the sleeve sponsor of English rugby club Northampton Saints, while in soccer it sponsors Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund, amongst others.
Hee-Se Ahn, vice president marketing of Hankook Tyres Europe, stated of the new Uefa deal: “We are excited about our new partnership with the Uefa Europa League. Football sponsorships represent an integral component of our global marketing approach and this unique pan-European platform cements our long-term engagement as a European football partner. We are proud to be supporting the Uefa Europa League, one of the most challenging and highly emotive competitions in international football.”
- No. 4 UConn extends streak, beats Wagner 78-66
- Column: Champions League gets thinking fan's final
- udded matter on the Mademoiselle Do leading with Paris, france Celebs for example reality movie star Kim Kardashian artist Ralph Owens manner
- Neymar voted South America's Footballer of Year
- Learning The Secrets About Betting
- Women's soccer clinches spot in Big West tournament
- The spectre of hate
- Soccer-Cardiff owner backs manager Mackay, confirms Moody exit
- Uganda moves past Little League World Series pain
- Phatlum shoots 6-under 67 to win Brazil Cup
Submited by robert - Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback